1. Will the minicourses be recorded?
Generally, no. Most professors do not give us permission to record their courses. These courses are their intellectual property.
2. What if I miss a class?
You may be able to review slides or material from the missed class since some professors send us their slides or other course materials to post on our website. Those can be viewed at any time, until 30 days after the completion of the course. However, as we do not record the minicourses, you will not be able to make up the live presentation.
3. I’m trying to register online, but the registration link brings me to a donation page. Is the link broken?
You will not be able to register online until the day registration is stated to begin. Prior to that date, the courses will not appear on the registration page. If you attempt to sign up early, you will see only our regular Friends donation page.
4. I forgot to enter the multi-course coupon code, can I still get the discount?
Just email us at minicoursesmadisonlibrary@gmailcom and we’ll make sure you receive the discount. (If we see that you overpaid, we will send you the refund even if you don’t email us!)
5. Will my spouse have to pay if we both want to attend one online class?
If you are in the same house and will be viewing the class together on one device, then you pay for only one registration.
6. How do I access the class on Zoom?
We will send out an email with the link to join the Zoom meeting at 3pm the day prior to the class. Be sure to check your junk mail and spam folder if you think you have not received it.
7. Will classes return to in-person?
We are hopeful that we will be able to offer in-person minicourses as soon as it is safe to do so; however, we do not have a definitive answer at this time.